Need new pump

Jul 24, 2012
I currently have a Hayward Max-Flo High-Performance Pump, Model SP2807x10 1HP. We have always run it 24/7, but have recently installed a timer so we can turn off the pump during the night.

Any recommendations for a new pump? Hayward suggested the Hayward EcoStar variable speed pump, but I thought I'd ask you guys.

Your current pump is one of the most efficient pumps on the market. Is there a reason, you want to replace it?

Also, with that pump and the size of your pool, you probably don't need more than about 4 hours of run time.

I think if you were considering an upgrade ... either going with just a 2-speed motor on your existing pump, or if your power is a little expensive, maybe the new Hayward Maxi-Flo VS pump. Actually, wonder if you could just by the VS motor and put it on your existing pump (might also need a new impeller).

As Mark says, the best way to save money on power is to not run the pump too much:
pool-school/pump_run_time

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.