Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi from New Zealand

1. Back To Top    #1

Wellington, New Zealand

Hi from New Zealand

Hi guys,

This is my second year with a pool, it's a small pool but great for my little kids, and not bad for dad to cool off on a hot day either.

The first year I knew nothing and just threw a couple of 1inch chlorine tabs in the floater each week, and nothing else. I got lucky and had no problems at all. This year not so lucky...went away for a couple of days and came back to green water. Threw truckloads of chlorine in there until it wasn't green any more, but couldn't get rid of the cloudiness, so drained and refilled.

Learning quite a lot here so far so hopefully won't have to do that again. Anyway, enough chit chat...back to reading.
    10' Bestway above ground (vinyl) pool - Water capacity 4,678L (80%)
    Intex Cartridge filter - 530 Gallon per hour

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Hi from New Zealand

Welcome to tfp, wayneb

Sounds like you have found pool school

Let us know if you have any questions.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Carolina

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Elverson Pa.

Welcome to TFP !!
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Lakeland, FL

Welcome to the forums.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida