Preparing for RO.

I don't think they can do it if the water is cloudy and green. I don't think there is anything you "have" to do before they come, but probably should ask them.

You sure that replacing the water is not the cheaper stilton?

I would suggest asking your RO provider what they want you to do. Some require there be no chlorine in the water (some RO membranes break down when chlorine is present, however some of the newer ones are much more chlorine resistant ), in general they all require the water to be clear and not cloudy, etc.

Ike

When I spoke with the RO company they did not request any preparation. Their biggest concern is getting the CYA down, as their machine uses TDS to determine when the water is "clean". They mainly deal with high CH issues in our area so are not completely sure how CYA acts on TDS. I was not planning on adding any more chemicals to the water until they come in a weeks time. My question was more about what other tasks would be useful to do. For example cleaning the calcium deposits my thoughts being that any spill over into the pool will be removed by the RO.

As for draining the pool, I estimate that would be much less expensive than the RO, but my area is low on water, so I don't it is reasonable to dump 20,000 gal of water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.