New pool - Oro Valley (Tucson) AZ

Turbothechihuahua

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 23, 2013
Oro Valley AZ
I wanted to say thanks for all of the great information on the site! I am a new member that has been learning a lot from all of the great posts here - I really appreciate the vast amount of information the members here offer. We are just starting the build process on our first pool this week!

Here are a few of the specs as they sit right now.

13'x27' Pool with spa
Blue Granite Pebble Sheen with Abalone
Travertine Coping/Decking - Versailles Pattern - Country Classic
Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump
Pentair Cartridge Filter
Pentair Mastertemp 400 Heater
Pentair Salt water system with automation

We recently landscaped our backyard, thinking we would never put in a pool. A year later here we are.... so unfortunately we have some things to work around. Since we did the landscaping ourselves my wife wanted to keep the fountain (call it sentimental value). Our yard is on the small side, and the rear fence is not parallel to the house which presented some design challenges. I will post some pics of the before and the rough design mock up to show what it may end up looking like! Hopefully the build process will go smoothly.

Before -

Backyardbefore5.jpg

Backyardbefore4.jpg

Backyardbefore7.jpg

Pool Design -

Design1.jpg

Design2.jpg

Design3.jpg

Thanks! A couple of the other builders were going for the standard geometric, but with the back fence on an angle it always looked a little off. We actually had to modify the fence to meet town code requirement and get rid of the "foot hold". Its nice that I never have to see the back of it! But the security screen they used still allows for the view to peek through.

Fence1.jpg

Fence2.jpg

Here are some more pics of my demo work before the PB comes in to handle the rest. Also a picture of the travertine with the waterline tile. We have a slate patio that will stay and are trying to make everything as cohesive as possible... which is a challenge with all of the other materials that are already in play!

Demo6.jpg

Demo7.jpg

Demo8.jpg

TileCoping.jpg

Hi Flippy,

Thank you so much for the feedback. I was actually set of a perimeter overflow raised spa... but when my wife wouldn't allow the fountain to be removed we had to rethink things. From the inside of the home it would have looked very odd to have the raised spa covering up the fountain. They are so close together (approx. 2') we just didn't want the chance of having it look silly. We will likely only be in the spa after dark... so this is a price we are willing to pay.

PoolDesigncopy.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We love it! I would advise you spring for the good stuff as it looks more realistic. I guess also depends on what you use it for - We don't have kids, so it is only used for esthetics. It gets really hot in the summer here, so if you have kids you may have to hose it down to cool it off in the summer. It sure beats mowing and overseeding!!!

Once things are completed you are welcome to come check it out. I would recommend the company we used, so just let me know if you need more info.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.