Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New pool - Oro Valley (Tucson) AZ

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool - Oro Valley (Tucson) AZ

I wanted to say thanks for all of the great information on the site! I am a new member that has been learning a lot from all of the great posts here - I really appreciate the vast amount of information the members here offer. We are just starting the build process on our first pool this week!

Here are a few of the specs as they sit right now.

13'x27' Pool with spa
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen with Abalone
    Travertine Coping/Decking - Versailles Pattern - Country Classic
    Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump
    Pentair Cartridge Filter
    Pentair Mastertemp 400 Heater
    Pentair Salt water system with automation

We recently landscaped our backyard, thinking we would never put in a pool. A year later here we are.... so unfortunately we have some things to work around. Since we did the landscaping ourselves my wife wanted to keep the fountain (call it sentimental value). Our yard is on the small side, and the rear fence is not parallel to the house which presented some design challenges. I will post some pics of the before and the rough design mock up to show what it may end up looking like! Hopefully the build process will go smoothly.

Before -

Pool Design -

8500 Gallon IG with spa - Blue Granite Pebble Sheen - Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter -Intelliflo VS pump -Mastertemp 400K Heater - Intellichlor IC40 - Easytouch 4 - In final build stages now, should be complete 4/2/2014
    My pool build - in progress

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool - Oro Valley (Tucson) AZ

Very cool, I like the "different" design. Love that view fence too.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! A couple of the other builders were going for the standard geometric, but with the back fence on an angle it always looked a little off. We actually had to modify the fence to meet town code requirement and get rid of the "foot hold". Its nice that I never have to see the back of it! But the security screen they used still allows for the view to peek through.

Here are some more pics of my demo work before the PB comes in to handle the rest. Also a picture of the travertine with the waterline tile. We have a slate patio that will stay and are trying to make everything as cohesive as possible... which is a challenge with all of the other materials that are already in play!

8500 Gallon IG with spa - Blue Granite Pebble Sheen - Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter -Intelliflo VS pump -Mastertemp 400K Heater - Intellichlor IC40 - Easytouch 4 - In final build stages now, should be complete 4/2/2014

4. Back To Top    #4

Is that the bridge at Tangerine?

Welcome another Local!

Will

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi Will,

Yes it is! I didn't know if many locals would be on here, thanks for the welcome.

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP! ... from just a few miles south
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

and welcome from a few miles west!

Looks like a very cool design
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

8. Back To Top    #8

Wow I didn't realize we had a whole Tucson faction here. Nice to know I will have a whole support crew on hand for when I screw something up! LOL

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

9. Back To Top    #9

Nice. One comment on the design. Have you considered a raised spa to look at that spectacular view?
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

10. Back To Top    #10

Hi Flippy,

Thank you so much for the feedback. I was actually set of a perimeter overflow raised spa... but when my wife wouldn't allow the fountain to be removed we had to rethink things. From the inside of the home it would have looked very odd to have the raised spa covering up the fountain. They are so close together (approx. 2') we just didn't want the chance of having it look silly. We will likely only be in the spa after dark... so this is a price we are willing to pay.

11. Back To Top    #11

Makes sense. Still an awesome view either way.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

12. Back To Top    #12

Thanks, it sure is one of the great things about Oro Valley.

13. Back To Top    #13

How do you like the fake grass?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

14. Back To Top    #14

We love it! I would advise you spring for the good stuff as it looks more realistic. I guess also depends on what you use it for - We don't have kids, so it is only used for esthetics. It gets really hot in the summer here, so if you have kids you may have to hose it down to cool it off in the summer. It sure beats mowing and overseeding!!!

Once things are completed you are welcome to come check it out. I would recommend the company we used, so just let me know if you need more info.

15. Back To Top    #15

Well they should start the dig on Monday, we are getting excited!

16. Back To Top    #16

The first day of digging started today, seeing things finally take shape is pretty cool. They should be completed tomorrow and on to plumbing.

17. Back To Top    #17

Dig Day 2

18. Back To Top    #18

Can't wait to see the finished product! Things seem to be coming along great.

Since no one has asked, I will. Is there a Chihuahua named Turbo?

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

19. Back To Top    #19

Who me?

20. Back To Top    #20

I can hear him yipping and see him spinning

That is one sweet pic
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast