Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Irmo, SC

I accidentally drained my pool last night. I was letting out water because of excessive rain, and when I put the pump back on, I turned it to backwash instead of filter. Almost all the water drained. The liner is coming loose (puffy) in several places. Do we just fill it back up, or do we need to get someone out here? Will the water make the liner go back down? Also, have I ruined my pump running it on backwash all night with the water draining/drained?
    12500; sand; IG; vinyl; Tf-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Help!!

Go ahead and fill the pool back up. Eventually the weight of the water will press the liner flat again, however you may have some wrinkling if the liner shifted while emptying. Also ground water may be seeping behind the liner and causing it to look puffy. If so that will not go away until the ground water is removed or absorbed by the soil. It is not uncommon for the liner to "float" in spots after heavy rains if ground water gets behind the liner even in a completely filled pool. You can try and smooth out any wrinkles as you fill the pool.

If the pump was still running and not making odd or loud noises it should be fine.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!