Heavy snow melt now water tubes and cover in pool

Aug 26, 2012
Mahomet, IL
After heavy snowfall and now rain and melting, my cover is too heavy and several water tubes and one side of the cover have slipped into the pool. What's the easiest way, if there is one, to get them back out? And how far below my skimmer line is safe to keep the water level. Since I cannot see under the cover, I think I keep the level too low out of fear water will get into my lines. Thanks!

Your lines should be sealed, so there shouldn't be any worry about water getting in them. I drop my water to the bottom of the skimmer when I close, then drain it back to the bottom of the skimmer during warm spells in the winter, but it's not critical.

Getting the cover and tubes out will be difficult. You may be just as well off to wait until time to open the pool. An uncovered pool isn't a big deal once leaves are done blowing around unless you wait until summer to open.

Thank you! We got the tubes off but the cover is frozen in the snowmelt on top of it. My skimmers did not have plugs or seals. They are Aquagenies that have the skimmer and jets all in one. I've tried to find plugs or seals but no luck so far.

rsalzman said:
Thank you! We got the tubes off but the cover is frozen in the snowmelt on top of it. My skimmers did not have plugs or seals. They are Aquagenies that have the skimmer and jets all in one. I've tried to find plugs or seals but no luck so far.

Aqua Genie makes a plate that mounts onto the front of it for winterizing. The winterizing plate is about your best choice for a Aqua Genie

http://www.1stoppoolsupply.com/aqua-gen ... 18218.html

Disclaimer: I am not endorsing the posted website. It is for reference only for what the winterizing plate looks like.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.