Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heavy snow melt now water tubes and cover in pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Heavy snow melt now water tubes and cover in pool

After heavy snowfall and now rain and melting, my cover is too heavy and several water tubes and one side of the cover have slipped into the pool. What's the easiest way, if there is one, to get them back out? And how far below my skimmer line is safe to keep the water level. Since I cannot see under the cover, I think I keep the level too low out of fear water will get into my lines. Thanks!
    Becki
    Newbie with an in-ground, 37,000 gallon vinyl liner, sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Heavy snow melt now water tubes and cover in pool

Your lines should be sealed, so there shouldn't be any worry about water getting in them. I drop my water to the bottom of the skimmer when I close, then drain it back to the bottom of the skimmer during warm spells in the winter, but it's not critical.

Getting the cover and tubes out will be difficult. You may be just as well off to wait until time to open the pool. An uncovered pool isn't a big deal once leaves are done blowing around unless you wait until summer to open.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you! We got the tubes off but the cover is frozen in the snowmelt on top of it. My skimmers did not have plugs or seals. They are Aquagenies that have the skimmer and jets all in one. I've tried to find plugs or seals but no luck so far.
    Becki
    Newbie with an in-ground, 37,000 gallon vinyl liner, sand filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by rsalzman
    Thank you! We got the tubes off but the cover is frozen in the snowmelt on top of it. My skimmers did not have plugs or seals. They are Aquagenies that have the skimmer and jets all in one. I've tried to find plugs or seals but no luck so far.

Aqua Genie makes a plate that mounts onto the front of it for winterizing. The winterizing plate is about your best choice for a Aqua Genie

http://www.1stoppoolsupply.com/aqua-gen ... 18218.html

Disclaimer: I am not endorsing the posted website. It is for reference only for what the winterizing plate looks like.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!