Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Aquapure error code 170 -Need opinion pls.

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Aquapure error code 170 -Need opinion pls.

On Monday, the Jandy started beeping and produced an error code of 170. None of the front controls work when pressed so, there is no way to turn the unit off unless I pull the power.

I tested the voltage coming from the transformer to the back board and the voltage is correct. I tested 1-8 and all readings were correct.

I then tested the Cell Test Points and did not get any readings. There appears to be no current running from the back board to the Cell in this area. Keep in mind, I did unplug the front board from the back board along with the Cell Sensor in the front board.

I also ran the test on the front board by pressing the Salinity, R Temp, H Temp and pressing the corresponding buttons on the front. Some of those 3 tests passed (numbers were a little bit off) and others failed.

I did test the current going from the back board to the front board on test points A and C on the front board and got the correct reading.

Is it safe to say that it is the back board because of the Cell Sensor voltage reading on the back board? Or is it the front board. Looks like the front board costs about $500 to replace from my shopping. The back board looks cheaper.

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy Aquapure error code 170 -Need opinion pls.

Welcome to TFP!
    I can't help with this, but hopefully someone will stop by who can...have you tried Jandy tech support?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP.

170 is a front board error so I'd suspect it first. The reason you're not reading any voltage on the cell points is that with the error active, the cell power is turned off.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I was wondering about that. I kind of wondered if the lack of cell current was due to that. Seems like front boards are the most expensive item. Thanks for the insight. I appreciate it.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by techfan View Post
    I was wondering about that. I kind of wondered if the lack of cell current was due to that. Seems like front boards are the most expensive item. Thanks for the insight. I appreciate it.
    Did you ever get this fixed? I'm having error code 170 now.
    ~10-12K gallons, IG, Cartridge, Saltwater, gunite, attached spa.

6. Back To Top    #6

There is a good troubleshooting manual at this link, http://www.nuccibros.com/sec_0934drR...20Workbook.pdf.

For error code 170 there could be several issues causing it, the PIB, transformer, or sensor. Look at page 26 for the troubleshooting flow chart.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process