Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need some info and help with valve actuators.

1. Back To Top    #1

Need some info and help with valve actuators.

Sorry for all the posts guys, new pool owner here. :P

I have two manual valves that I want to upgrade to automatic with valve actuators. How hard is this to do and which should I go with? I see Pentair makes one (model CVA24T) that around $125 online and Intermatic (PE24VA) also does and it's quite a bit cheaper at $77 and has good reviews, will either one work with my Pentair EasyTouch system? How do I go about installing it? Tried to find some guides online and not much luck.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need some info and help with valve actuators.

The mfg really doesn't matter. They're pretty easy to install and will work with your automation system.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, I ordered the Intermatic.

Now another question...do I have enough AUX available for 2 valve actuators? It doesn't seem like it...can I add two actuators on the same AUX?

AUX1 is the pool light, and AUX 2 was setup as a low-speed pump function for the waterfall, which leaves only AUX3 available I think since I have the EasyTouch4, correct?

4. Back To Top    #4

As long as you want the actuators to operate at the same time, you can put them on the same aux.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok that would be good, as I'd want both valves to turn at the same time so that the water features turns on and also the cleaning system to shut off (turning on the returns).

Another question...with these actuators, can the valves still be manually turned if you want or are they only controlled through the AUX? Also, if I do want to add AUX 4-7 in the future (for landscape lighting, etc), what would I need to buy?

Thank for the help.

6. Back To Top    #6

They can be operated manually, but of course not as easily as they can be now.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator