Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Super Pump Union

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Super Pump Union

I have an older Hayward Super pump. I see some of the newer pumps have unions on them so you don't have to install the union in the plumbing. Ideally what I am trying to accomplish is have nothing connected to the pump but one side of the union when I disconnect it in the Winter.

Is there a union that can be attached DIRECTLY to my type of pump on both the threaded input and output?

I was looking at this but I don't think it will work because my plumbing is 1.5" and this is 2".

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Custom-M ... 00-000.htm
    16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Super Pump Union

A Hayward SP1484 or SP1482 would do it. The 1484 is mnpt to slip socket and the 1482 is mnpt to slip.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hayward Super Pump Union

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    A Hayward SP1484 or SP1482 would do it. The 1484 is mnpt to slip socket and the 1482 is mnpt to slip.
    Perfect!! Thanks!!!!
    16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit