Question about gutter spouts and sundeck/drain location

Nov 13, 2013
Pearland, TX
I've been lurking on this sight for a while now and talked to some really great people! the knowledge I've picked up here has been very appreciated. :lovetfp:

We are close to the approving the final design on our pool with 850 sq ft of Sun Deck.

Should I add a drain and decking where a gutter spout is located? or should I not deck this area and install a flower bed instead. Not sure if I should totally avoid decking area where gutter spouts are located.

Also my PB offered to "speckle" the sundeck with other sundeck epoxy colors (up to 3) which will give more texture. I have yet to see a Pool deck with this option. My wife and I like the look. PB is charging $0.75 per square ft. to speckle.

Opinions are appreciated

Hard to say without being there but if you have a downspout, I would carry that water away. You can always add a flower bed and water it if you like but you don't want that area constantly wet.

I put two drains in my concrete deck and the gutter goes directly into one of them. Then I ran about 9 inch pipe under the decking and also put a drain where the concrete from the pool meets the concrete from the house and it all goes to the side of the pool where the yard slopes downhill.

I got the aggregate effect on my Sundek- it's going to be gorgeous. They still need to add some mission tan. There is a close-up pic on my Flickr page.
If you get a chance, go to Bullion Coatings so you can see all of the choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.