When I closed my pool I followed the instructions on here. Shocked it and let FC fall to half shock level. I did use algaecide. That was second week of Oct. I have a new ultralocII cover. I opened a section to drain some water and tested FC with Taylor test kit. I am guessing the water temp is in the 40's in NJ... I did not check it directly. Did not turn pink at all. Does temperature have any affect on test results? Should I be concerned with the zero reading? I remember reading recommendation on here not to put a floating puck holder in the pool for the winter... but don't recall why. Seems it would help keep some level of FC in the pool over the winter. Pouring jugs of bleach in will not really disperse too well. Should I be concerned or just leave it alone.