Greater Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Is this a sign of something but my booster pump cleaner screen filter keeps clogging up with material...Ive never had this happen before so wondering if my grids in my DE filter are tore up or what else would cause that?

Looks like grass to me...as far I know my booster pump is separate and has it own line into the side of the pool....Iver never had to clean that filter before until the last month or so...Only reason why I thought to check was that the pump was on but he cleaner was not moving...once cleaned it runs fine

Im in Houston...at the connection of the booster cleaner hose to the wall fitting, if you unscrew the hose there at the tip is a little metal screen...that screen is what is clogging...I said grass but it hards to tell....maybe its a little DE with dirt? Whatever it is its enough to stop the flow to the cleaner where it wont run..after cleaning it out it runs fine. Looking for a pic I found this article
http://www.swimming-pool-information.co ... blems.html

sounds like I may have a hole in my DE filters?

ype9u9y2.jpg

Here is a pic of my setup..booster bump is on end. No filter for it and it's at the end of the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

No I don't ..maybe bottom of the pool? Don't think it's skimmers unless it's also tied into main pump line. I didn't build the pool so don't know all the details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You either have a failed DE grid, manifold, or possibly a bad seal in your multiport backwash valve. The source of the dirt in the Polaris strainer is one of those three items.

Edit: Also, check the air bleed screen attached to the DE mainifold - if it has damage, it would pass dirt to the Polaris strainer.

I did a complete clean of my DE filter couple of weeks ago and had multiple holes in various grids. Luckily I had replacement grids already so just swapped out the bad ones. For a complete clean, how many scoops with a DE scoop should I have put in? I put in 10..i have the fnsp60

Best to weigh the DE yourself. I have no idea hour big your scoop is our how packed in you made the DE. There are a few threads discussing how variable the weight is ... usually no where near a pound.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.