No Flow light on and pump shuts down after 2 minutes

Jan 7, 2014
Hi, I have a 10metre x 4.5 metre in ground saltwater fiberglass pool with a Hurlcon VX Salt Chlorinator, a Hurlcon ZX150 cartridhe filter and a Onga PPP1100 1.25HP pump. The no flow light remains on on the Salt Chlorinator, when I turn the filter on it runs for approximately 2 minutes then shuts off and automatically goes to manually off, there is normal water flow into my pool when the pump runs. I have noticed there is a fair bit of corrosion on the pump as the lid of the filter is cracked and spays water out. Does any one know if this is a pump problem or is it from the crack in the lid of the filter causing it to shut down, the gauge on the filter is a little bit high but not too high.

The problem is likely in your pump motor with it kicking off on overheat, may be a bad bearing or a number of other things. You can likely just change the motor to fix the problem, you will also want to change pump seals at the same time.

Ike

p.s. you would of course need to address the filter lid problem as well

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.