Frozen Pool in TN! Help!

Jan 7, 2014
Typically in my area of Tennessee, we do not experience any weather that would require us to winterize our pool. Due to the mild temperatures we leave our pool open year around with the pump continuously on. This week we have experienced 4 degree weather. Our pool has completely frozen over on top and busted the pipe to slide. I believe we have a fix for the pipe, but I need some advice on the ice. We have one more day until it warms up, is it better to just let the ice be or try to thaw it enough to break it up. Water is still flowing through the skimmer and the pump I am just not sure it can all make it through tonight. Any advice on how to handle the ice?

Thanks in advance!

Nice Tennessee weather aint it... 0 to -7 in my area this morning (e.Tn.) and back to the 50's by the weekend...
I started out with no knowledge about pool maintenance/upkeep . Got lucky and stumbled upon this site. Listen to the people here, they'll steer you in the right direction for sure!!
Your most welcome here...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.