Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Weir rattle noise

1. Back To Top    #1

Cypress, TX

Weir rattle noise

With the freezing temperatures or pool equipment has been running full time. When all of the pumps for the water features are running the surface of the water gets quite rough. It is causing the weirs to flap very loudly. During the day it's not really a problem but in the middle of the night it seems very loud. Before I head out into the freezing temps to try to figure this out is there any thing that might be an easy fix for this? This is only our second year with a pool and it wasn't a problem last year with the warm winter. Thanks
    23x40 freeform w/spa, 28,000 gal. PCC-2000 in-floor cleaning. Pebble Sheen w/flagstone coping. 14' weeping wall, (2) 18" sheer descents. Sta Rite- cart 400 sqft. filter, Intellipro VS pump, 1hp (cleaning)2hp (water feature)Max E Pro's. Easy Touch 8 function w/IPod. Rainbow chlorinator, Paramount Clear O3 (I know, I know), Max-E-Therm 400K heater.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Weir rattle noise

Maybe add a small rubber pad on the either the weir or the stop tab so it is not as loud.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Erie pa

Re: Weir rattle noise

You might be able to switch to circular weirs if its a pentair skimmer, mine will take both the flapper and internal weirs.
    16x32 vinyl ig with foxguard steel walls,gli liner ,hayward de filter,hayward heatpro heat pump,hayward colorlogic 4.0 led.pentair circular weir skimmers.hayward sharkvac xl robot,gli mesh cover.polk atrium speakers,sonos music system.erie pa.