I have a 3/4 hp single speed pool pump and wanted to replace it with a new energy efficient pump. I also have a booster pump and the Pentair Intelichlor system with a Intermatic mechanical timer for the booster pump and the primary pump. I am looking at Hayward Max-Flo VS, Hayward Super Pump VS, Hayward Ecostar VS, or Pentair Inteliflo. I tried to look at the Energystar website to find an energystar rated piece of equipment but that listed too many pumps. I have a couple questions perhaps you could assist me with (I would be so thankful for any advice at all)
1. Is there any benefit to keeping with Pentair since I have the Intelichlor already? If in fact any automation on the new VS Pentair pump could link with the saltwater cell?
2. Is there any reason I can't do this install myself..I can hook up electrical and plumb in the lines..however is there special programming needed for the VS pumps that would lend itself to a pro install versus DIY?
3. Is there any benefit to 2 speed vs multi speed for a 3/4 hp motor? Energy efficiency is a big factor to me but if it doesnt return on its investment, its a mute point. We pay $.12/kwh
4. Can someone point me to the link on this forum on a detailed installation of VS pump? I know I have found it before but my searches have been unfruitful.
5. Aside from buying a pump...is there anything else I should get aside from PVC that is def handly for this install?
6. Any leads for the best priced pumps online?
Thanks so much!! Again I am very thankful for any assistance at all!!