Screeen Enclosre on a Paver Deck with Footer....Help

Jul 27, 2013
Hi, I am currently under day one of my pool enclosure construction. I have pavers and I noticed they are not anchoring the enclosure all the way through my pavers and into the footer like I thought would happen. It is only anchored with tap-cons to the pavers. Is this common practice or should the cage be anchored all the way to the footer??? I live in Fl and code is 130mph winds I believe. I guess I am wondering if they are supposed to do this, or if its just good craftsmanship when they do. Thanks for the help.

They came back today and put the anchors through through to the footer. They said the short ones was only to hold in place. They put the long ones by every post. I feel better about that anyway. Thanks for all the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anchors are structural. Thus are required to be "anchored" into a footer (which again is structural)

Pavers are NON-STRUCTURAL as they only rest on the surface of whatever (concrete, sand, earth, etc).

Will

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.