New build in Oklahoma

Nov 11, 2013
Pocasset, Oklahoma
Good evening all! I have been reading quite a bit on here and love all the useful info that everyone has shared on here! We are currently in the bid stage and ready to move forward once we find everything we like. We are looking at gunite free form pools and have a bid we would like some opinions on. The bid is 90 perimeter apprx 33x22.5 free form with shallow 3' and 6' deep with no diving accessory. The bid comes with flagstone coping, 500 sq ft of stamped, stained and sealed concrete, 2 skimmers, 1 light, 2 drains, quartz finish, sun shelf with 2 bubblers, as many benches in the pool as we like, Pentair whisperflo 1.5 hp pump, kreepy krauly legend cleaner, and Pentair 420 cartridge filter system. The pool can either be saltwater or ozone, but they really like the ozone system. We will have to have a small border wall on one side of our pool due to the way our backyard is sloped. Bid is coming in right at $50,000. What are your opinions?

Welcome to TFP !!

One thing I would like to comment on is the ozone. Don't waste your time or money on it. Do a search on the forum about it. Search alternative sanitizers. Go with the SWG over the ozone.

Others will be along to make some more comments on ozone and the rest of your build.

Good luck with your build and be sure to include pictures.
Hope you enjoy the forum !

Welcome!

Ozone doesn't make sense for an outdoor residential pool. If you want to get into the technical details, see: maintaining-fc-with-ozonator-t43923.html#p358992.

SWG adds convenience, and is a good way to maintain the right chlorine level. Consider getting a 2-speed motor. You can run on low speed most of the time which will save electricity costs, and the motor itself isn't much more than the cost of a single-speed.

bull jr said:
Good evening all! I have been reading quite a bit on here and love all the useful info that everyone has shared on here! We are currently in the bid stage and ready to move forward once we find everything we like. We are looking at gunite free form pools and have a bid we would like some opinions on. The bid is 90 perimeter apprx 33x22.5 free form with shallow 3' and 6' deep with no diving accessory. The bid comes with flagstone coping, 500 sq ft of stamped, stained and sealed concrete, 2 skimmers, 1 light, 2 drains, quartz finish, sun shelf with 2 bubblers, as many benches in the pool as we like, Pentair whisperflo 1.5 hp pump, kreepy krauly legend cleaner, and Pentair 420 cartridge filter system. The pool can either be saltwater or ozone, but they really like the ozone system. We will have to have a small border wall on one side of our pool due to the way our backyard is sloped. Bid is coming in right at $50,000. What are your opinions?

prices obviously vary in different parts of the country for different reasons.
I live 100 miles East of Dallas. 50K would be in the ballpark for that pool where I live.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.