Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New build in Oklahoma

1. Back To Top    #1

New build in Oklahoma

Good evening all! I have been reading quite a bit on here and love all the useful info that everyone has shared on here! We are currently in the bid stage and ready to move forward once we find everything we like. We are looking at gunite free form pools and have a bid we would like some opinions on. The bid is 90 perimeter apprx 33x22.5 free form with shallow 3' and 6' deep with no diving accessory. The bid comes with flagstone coping, 500 sq ft of stamped, stained and sealed concrete, 2 skimmers, 1 light, 2 drains, quartz finish, sun shelf with 2 bubblers, as many benches in the pool as we like, Pentair whisperflo 1.5 hp pump, kreepy krauly legend cleaner, and Pentair 420 cartridge filter system. The pool can either be saltwater or ozone, but they really like the ozone system. We will have to have a small border wall on one side of our pool due to the way our backyard is sloped. Bid is coming in right at $50,000. What are your opinions?

2. Back To Top    #2

New build in Oklahoma

Welcome to TFP !!

One thing I would like to comment on is the ozone. Don't waste your time or money on it. Do a search on the forum about it. Search alternative sanitizers. Go with the SWG over the ozone.

Others will be along to make some more comments on ozone and the rest of your build.

Good luck with your build and be sure to include pictures.
    Hope you enjoy the forum !
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New build in Oklahoma

Welcome!

Ozone doesn't make sense for an outdoor residential pool. If you want to get into the technical details, see: maintaining-fc-with-ozonator-t43923.html#p358992.

SWG adds convenience, and is a good way to maintain the right chlorine level. Consider getting a 2-speed motor. You can run on low speed most of the time which will save electricity costs, and the motor itself isn't much more than the cost of a single-speed.
    Outdoor 14,000 gallon IG plaster pool built in 2000 with spillover spa, 2 hp WhisperFlo pump with MagneTek motor, Sta-Rite cartridge pool filter with 300 ft2 filtration area and 0.33 gpm/ft2 filtration rate, Aquabot Rapids 4WD robotic pool cleaner, Raypak digital gas heater, and Intermatic mechanical timer located in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Just repeating, but Nix the ozone. If your PB "really likes it", I would not trust his chemistry advice from here on out....period.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

thanks for the insight guys, I will do some more research on here and see what I come up with on the ozone. I am hopeful the price for the prize is in range as well. Feel free to chime in that as well.

6. Back To Top    #6

anyone have any thoughts of the price of this bid with the equipment mentioned?

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by bull jr
    Good evening all! I have been reading quite a bit on here and love all the useful info that everyone has shared on here! We are currently in the bid stage and ready to move forward once we find everything we like. We are looking at gunite free form pools and have a bid we would like some opinions on. The bid is 90 perimeter apprx 33x22.5 free form with shallow 3' and 6' deep with no diving accessory. The bid comes with flagstone coping, 500 sq ft of stamped, stained and sealed concrete, 2 skimmers, 1 light, 2 drains, quartz finish, sun shelf with 2 bubblers, as many benches in the pool as we like, Pentair whisperflo 1.5 hp pump, kreepy krauly legend cleaner, and Pentair 420 cartridge filter system. The pool can either be saltwater or ozone, but they really like the ozone system. We will have to have a small border wall on one side of our pool due to the way our backyard is sloped. Bid is coming in right at $50,000. What are your opinions?
    prices obviously vary in different parts of the country for different reasons.
    I live 100 miles East of Dallas. 50K would be in the ballpark for that pool where I live.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

8. Back To Top    #8

thanks for the insight bud, I really appreciate it. I know there are so many variables with each set up. I just want to make sure I might be paying out the nose for something I could get for less and the same quality

9. Back To Top    #9

Welcome to the forum Bull, and good luck with the build!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem