Jacuzzi stopped pumping high. Both pumps working.

Jan 5, 2014
I have a jacuzzi select series. Once in a while the spa would pump low but not high, with both pumps running.

I had a issue with one of the starters on the first pump and took it in to have it repaired. Hooked everything back up and spa was fine.

All of a sudden it stopped pumping high again, so I took the pump back out and ran to the pump repair store. They said nothing is wrong with the pump, it must be air in the system.

I hooked the pump back up, refilled the spa and followed the air removal methods described in this forum - I bled water at the unions (both pumps), tried bleeding with the drain valve on pump one (pump 2 does not have one), and tried putting my hose at each jet.

Any thoughts on what to do next?

Notes:

on one of the jets (a 3-pack), I notice water and air pumping up and down in the line when the system in on high. The line never looks complete filled with water. When I put my finger over one of the jet holes, it fills up, but as soon as I let go, the air bubble re-appears.

both pumps are pumping. My low cycle is too low and the high cycle is like I am on low.

I feel water being sucked in at the filter hole.

The union at the second pump only looses water when the system is on low. As soon as I put the system on high, it no longer leaks, even when loose. Is that a clue?

Karen from Arizona

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.