Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please help, we cannot afford the pool contractor...

1. Back To Top    #1

Please help, we cannot afford the pool contractor...

Hi

I just finished my pool....

but i want to get it auto with easytouch, we invest too much money on it and cant pay what our contractor asks for it (automation)

so, i came here looking for answers, becouse pentair guides are a little confusing and does not gives all the info

This is what i have installed:
    1 WHISPERFLO connected to all (caretaker, hydrojets from spa, 3 fountains, etc)
    1 MASTERTEMP 400
    7 color changin amerlite lights:
    - 2 at the pool
    - 1 at the spa
    - 3 at the "3 fountains"
    - Caretaker

So basically i want to do it wireless with the wireless controller, and control lights (3 diferent controls, 1 for spa, 1 for pool, and 1 for fountains), jets, heater and caretaker

Can someone guide me what to buy, ie easytouch 4 or 8, additional auxs? do a i need additional relays?, how many actuators, etc

If i buy it and i installed i know i can save a lot of money, here in Mexico, pool contractors are too expnsive.

i have atteched some photos, tell me if you need more.

Saludos!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Please help, we cannot afford the pool contractor...

Wow, I've never seen a pool with a continuous negative edge like that. Is there a catch basin or trench that goes all the way around? I'd love to see construction pictures of how it was done.

I'm afraid I can't help on the automation front but you may receive more help if you post (or ask the moderators to move this) in the Everything Else section which includes automation: everything-else-f82.html

Good luck and hopefully someone will be along who can answer the automation questions for you.
    38'x24' freeform IG gunite, 26k gallons, 3.5' - 7'
    8t Moss rock waterfall with gunite slide
    SWCG, 2 x 2.7hp Hayward Tristar pumps, booster pump, 425 sqft cartridge, 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris Black Max 280, ProLogic PS8 & Aquapod

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by cbink
    Wow, I've never seen a pool with a continuous negative edge like that. Is there a catch basin or trench that goes all the way around? I'd love to see construction pictures of how it was done.

I'm afraid I can't help on the automation front but you may receive more help if you post (or ask the moderators to move this) in the Everything Else section which includes automation: everything-else-f82.html

Good luck and hopefully someone will be along who can answer the automation questions for you.
    thank you, i will search for some pics i tooked, and upload them

saludos

4. Back To Top    #4

Hola! Very unique design-well done! I also have interest in the Pentair-automation side, but have done little research. I do know that this is the starting point component ~ http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Penta...Kit/520500.htm
    Dave My Pool Build, ODK Build
    22X42 Gunite Freeform 23K Gal, 10X12 Spa
    Diamond-Brite midnight blue, 1800sq. ft Kool Deck
    Pentair Easy-Touch 8, 2-2hp Pentair, 500lb Sand Filter, 400K btu Pentair heater