New Pool Estimate Price Check - Durham, NC

Jan 2, 2014
Hi fellow pool lovers...first post here!

My wife and I are finally going to pull the trigger on a new pool. We've always wanted one but haven't owned a house with a compatible yard until just recently.

We are in the middle of receiving and reviewing estimates and wanted to get thoughts from the pros. Fibergalss pool and it's the Morrocan by Leisure (15x31). We are planning on the 'deluxe' equipment package as well.

I feel like the price is a little on the high side, mainly based on my inlaw's recent pool install. Theirs is very simlar size and options, but is on the coast of NC versus inland.

Any help would be great!!

:cheers: Jon

Attachments

• DOC.PDF
    126.3 KB · Views: 72
I do not know how much fiberglass pools cost as they are not popular here but I think our pool was around $50k but we have pavers which are much more expensive than concrete here in the Northeast. On a side note, do you drive an S4 ( curious based on your name )

Sounds like a pretty good price to me. I'm in MD. I was looking at a ~40' fiberglass installed. Was going to be closer to 50k. Here's the info from their old email:

Base Package Pricing:
Coral Sea 1: $45,000 - $2,000 off-season discount = $43,000

As you can see, you will receive $2,000 any pool package assuming the pool is installed this year. There are other discounts that I will outline below.

Options:
Salt Water Chlorinator: $1,600
Multicolored LED Pool Lights (2): $1,400
Security Cover: $2,800
Heat Pump: $5,200 + $500 extra for electrical wiring

doobs41378 said:
I do not know how much fiberglass pools cost as they are not popular here but I think our pool was around $50k but we have pavers which are much more expensive than concrete here in the Northeast. On a side note, do you drive an S4 ( curious based on your name )

Thanks!

I've owned a couple S4s in the past (B5 which was stage 3+ and B7) along with an avant and mkIV R32. My other hobby is restoring old toyota land cruisers.

I'm feeling better about this price and really like this PB. I've asked tons of questions, had the estimate reworked a few times and he has not shown any frustration with us. We are getting additional estimates this week along with 2 from Gunter PBs.

Any changes to the equipment package/plumbing? I asked about flex pipe and was told they do use a limited amount for the drains based on the expanding and contracting clay soil here.

A couple of comments on the set-up: I'd recommend searching for "zeobrite" here on the forum to see different experiences with this material. You may want to ask about going with plain old proven sand. You should never have to replace the sand in a sand filter.

You don't want the Nature II system that comes with the deluxe system. The SWG alone will do just fine. The Nature II adds metal to the water which can cause staining.

Finally, ask about the size of the SWG (if you're going with an SWG). SWGs are sometimes undersized for the volume of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.