Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: LIQUIDATOR RATE OF FLOW WITH VARIABLE SPEED PUMP QUESTION

1. Back To Top    #1

LIQUIDATOR RATE OF FLOW WITH VARIABLE SPEED PUMP QUESTION

FOLKS, NEED SOME OPINIONS HERE...

I have a variable speed pump and have tried running at several speeds in the low range but it really affects my rate of feed from the liquidator. In the low speeds my rate of feed is at 0..

Take a look at the pics and see if there would be a better way to plumb it in my system that I can increase the flow going back to the liquidator in the low range of my pool pump..

13K IG Pool with Raised Spa
    Jandy E Pump- 2HP Variable Speed
    Jandy CV460 Cartridge Filter
    Jandy LXI 40,000 Heater
    Polaris 9300 Robot

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: LIQUIDATOR RATE OF FLOW WITH VARIABLE SPEED PUMP QUESTIO

Unfortunately you have found a drawback of the LQ. It requires enough suction head on the outlet side to make it flow.

It doesn't look like you have enough room in the plumbing to add a valve that you could partially close off to create some artificial suction head when running on low.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I didn't know if I could relocate the inflow fitting closer to pump or something?
    Jandy LXI 40,000 Heater
    Polaris 9300 Robot

4. Back To Top    #4

You could try putting it in the drain plug, but I don't think it'll make any difference.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

What about moving the fitting after the chlorine puck feeder (not in use) to between the filter and heater.
    Jandy LXI 40,000 Heater
    Polaris 9300 Robot

6. Back To Top    #6

Is the LQ staying full of liquid when it's running? If it is, moving the inlet won't help.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator

7. Back To Top    #7

Re: LIQUIDATOR RATE OF FLOW WITH VARIABLE SPEED PUMP QUESTION

Could you simply program your pump for say two hours a day at a higher RPM and adjust the Liquidator to deliver the desired chlorine in that period of time, then while in lower RPM energy saving mode no Chlorine exchange would be occurring or need as dosing was delivered during the 2 hour high rpm run?
    21'x35' + Spa Plaster in-ground built 2001 Jandy RS4, MiniMax 400, Puerex 4000 DE, Hayward Ecostar VSP, The Poolcleaner

8. Back To Top    #8

Re: LIQUIDATOR RATE OF FLOW WITH VARIABLE SPEED PUMP QUESTION

Quote Originally Posted by firedoug View Post
    Could you simply program your pump for say two hours a day at a higher RPM and adjust the Liquidator to deliver the desired chlorine in that period of time, then while in lower RPM energy saving mode no Chlorine exchange would be occurring or need as dosing was delivered during the 2 hour high rpm run?

I am in the process of converting from a single speed to a variable speed pump... and am also a Liquidator Lover... this is my plan (running at higher speed) to both operate my Kreepy Krawly as well as my Liquidator.

Any thoughts... or is this pretty much the way it is with the variable speed setups?
    16000 Gal. Kidney / Gunite / SE Florida / Taylor K2006 / Stenner
    Jandy CS100 / Sta-Rite U3 Skimmer / Pentair Great White / Single Floor Drain / Single Return / Hayward SP2300VSP
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm still learning and I know nothing!.. I'm loving the Stenner!