I got one bid from a pebble sheen installer and another from wet edge (satin matrix) installer. Both installers recommend total strip of old plaster because it has been out of water for a long time. Both companies are reputable. Here are the differences between the two installers:
1. Want to replace the two chipped SPA drains (seen in the photos). We are talking about drain casing in the gunite in addition to the cover.
2. Keep the existing main drain. They said it is an old pool, so we can grandfather it.
3. After stripping, they want to put a bond coat before applying the pebble
4. 10 year warranty
5. invoice is very detailed
1. They will keep the existing SPA drains. They will use extenders when replacing the SPA drain covers.
2. They want to split the main drain into two drains in order to meet the code.
3. No bond coat after total strip
4. 15 year warranty
5. Invoice is very brief
Please give me some advice on how to pick from these two installers. Thanks.