Need install advise on new Intellipro

skamp

May 22, 2010
Cypress, TX
I just ordered an Intellipro to upgrade my existing Sta-rite 2HP Max-E-Pro pump. I think I may be able to just reuse the existing wet end and just replace the pump portion. If not I have some questions. I know the new pump comes with unions. Hopefully the new pump has the inlet and the return in the exact same place. If it does I was thinking of cutting the gray pipe right above the threads. I assume the unions have a 2" female connector. Is that correct and does that look like it will work looking at the pictures below? I was also thinking of getting an extra set of the unions so I can use my existing pump as a backup provided the ports are exactly in the same place.

p-photom.jpg

p-photo2m.jpg

p-photo3m.jpg

I also have some questions about the EasyTouch 8 I have. It was installed back in 2007 and does show the Intelliflow pump in the menu. I hope this will work straight away as my understanding is my vintage EasyTouch cannot be upgraded. Anyone have any insight on this? Any help or tips here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve

I had a Max-E-Pro and the fitting did not match my 011012 Intelliflo VF pump, had to re-plumb everything.

What is the current firmware of your Easytouch 8?

This change log would suggest VS pumps are working...
Firmware change log; "Version 1.060 8/16/07
IntelliFlo VS now uses HIGHEST RPM as priority of circuits which are ON rather than pump priority of 4 thru 1.
IntelliFlo VS now honors 30 sec pump OFF for valve turns"

jerryt said:
I had a Max-E-Pro and the fitting did not match my 011012 Intelliflo VF pump, had to re-plumb everything.

What is the current firmware of your Easytouch 8?

I purchased the Intellipro pump not the Intelliflo. The Intellipro uses the Sta-rite design. I need to check the firmware version when I get home later. Thanks!

Steve

jerryt said:
What was the question about Intelliflow showing in the menu?

I was just wondering if there were any issues running an Intelliflo/Intellipro on the older EasyTouch Units. I am pretty sure mine is the older version that cannot be updated. I am hopeful it will work as it does show have a menu item for the Intelliflow where you can change the 4 speeds. I will get the exact version of firmware I have later when I get home from work. Thanks!

Steve

I assume your Intellipro is 2 speed? In that case it uses a 2 speed relay.

Intelliflo pumps use a RS485 communication cable, to send commands to the pump. Pump is wired to "power always on", no relays...

jerryt said:
I assume your Intellipro is 2 speed? In that case it uses a 2 speed relay.

Intelliflo pumps use a RS485 communication cable, to send commands to the pump. Pump is wired to "power always on", no relays...

Jerry,

The Intellipro and Intellipro are exactly the same and uses the RS485 cable as well. It is just the wet side that is different. The Intellipro I purchased is this one:

http://www.pentairpool.com/products/pum ... mp-437.htm

This is the updated version that has the 8 programmable speeds.

Steve

Looking at the version history I think the version I have will work. At least I hope. I am running 1.050. Below is the revision history:

Easytouch Firmware Version History

vers 1.010 Production release of 1.006 updated autosync for Intelliflo 4

vers 1.020 Production Released, synced menu.c, menu.h, menusel.c, menusel.h w/wireless

vers 1.043 Allow temp adjust when aux circuits are on
Sync'd menusel,menu files with indoor & wireless
Corrects "Heater" assignment under valves
Adds new Intellichlor menu for separate pool/spa % when available

Indoor/Wireless -- fixes pool turning off when a circuit gets turned off
Indoor/Wireless -- fixes pool/spa switching by arrow keys

vers 1.050 Fixed circuit selection issue with IS4,Qt4,Intelliflo, & 2 Speed on all models
Fixed AM/PM/Day of the Week display bug on UIC/UWC

vers 1.060 8/16/07 Release to Production

vers 2.010 5/5/08 New Processor Upgrade, requires version 2.010 and higher. Can not be applied to older EasyTouch systems. Added Intellibrite support.

I just spoke with Pentair and they said no problem with using the 1.x Easy Touch firmware with the new Intellipro pump. They said I will have access to the 4 Speeds tied to the circuits I choose but will not get status info without a newer Pentair automation system. Once I get the pump I will write up my install and configuration as I have seen a bunch of threads that showed confusion on how to physically wire it in and configure it. Thanks for the help everyone.

Steve

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.