Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Irregular shape pool with pool wall and pool cover options

1. Back To Top    #1

Arlington, TN

Irregular shape pool with pool wall and pool cover options

Just signed a contract with PB last week. Ask about automatic pool cover builder said it would hard for an irregular shaped pool with pool wall. I originally didn't think about a pool cover because I thought I didn't need one because of planning to use the pool and spa all year long. Then I read how much money it would save in utility costs per year and started to entertain the idea again. Any options? How bad is it letting the pool be open all year long?
    96 foot Perimeter 34' x 19' x 15' gunite pool with 400k heater and 7 foot spa
    5 Returns, 2 heating returns, 2 skimmers, 2 main drains
    Diamond Brite Super Blue plaster
    Pentair intellichlor IC 40 SWG with Delta UV with CC520 cartridge filter
    Two Intelliflo VS 3 HP pumps

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Irregular shape pool with pool wall and pool cover optio

Unless you live in the tropics, or are independently wealthy, you won't be able to heat your pool year-round without a cover. Even with a cover, I'd expect it to be expensive.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Irregular shape pool with pool wall and pool cover optio

It isn't impossible to put an auto cover on an irregular shaped pool. It will add to the cost some due to the fact it will take more time and labor to install it. That being said contact some of the manufacturers of auto covers and see if they can recommend an installer in your area that is qualified to do it.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics