Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Signed contract on new build in Waxahachie

1. Back To Top    #1

Signed contract on new build in Waxahachie

First post on this forum
    Did a lot of research on a pools in the last year and we decided on a Viking Fiberglass, Bermuda model. The build will start in late Jan or mid Feb.
    It's 12 x 26, 5.5ft at deepend and 3.5 at shallow end.
    Pool equipment will be:
    Color of pool will be the Diamond Series, Maya color
    Hayward Max Flow II, variable speed, 1.5 HP
    Hayward 175 Ft Cartridge Fliter
    Hayward Aqua Rite saltwater system w/ T-Cell 3.
    Fiber Optic color changing lighting with remote
    Freeze protection option included.
    3 ft standard brushed concrete decking w/cantalever coping w/stained color of choice.

I will post pictures when we get started. We are looking forward to this addition.
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Signed contract on new build in Waxahachie

Welcome to TFP, and congrats on the new pool.

My only comment is you may not be happy with only 3ft of concrete. I have 3ft on the back side of my pool, and it feelers like walking a tightrope at times.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Its funny you should mention the 3ft deck. I drew up all kinds of elaborate decking designs and the CEO of my family wanted just the basic pool.
    Gotta keep the boss happy
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP !!

Congrats and good luck on your pool. Don't forget the pic's !!
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by rmturner54
    Its funny you should mention the 3ft deck. I drew up all kinds of elaborate decking designs and the CEO of my family wanted just the basic pool.
    Gotta keep the boss happy

Show her a chair sitting on a 3ft wide strip. You may end up taking the blame if it's too narrow
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

6. Back To Top    #6

It not too late by any means.

7. Back To Top    #7

I agree with showing her 3 ft. Put something down that is 3 ft wide and put a chair on it to show her. Talk about dirt/grass in the pool ect. If she still wants 3 ft after so be it.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Congratulations!! We are in Waxahachie too! You have come to a GREAT support forum for any question you could ever have.

(Ditto on the deck..)
    Helen
    Dallas Area, 16,000 gal IG, Easytouch 8 computer, Intelliflo 3HP Variable Speed pool pump, Pentair Smart Pump 4x160, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump, FNS 60 DE 60, Mastertemp 400, Rainbow 320, Dual Timer w/ freeze protection, Intellichor SWG, TF100 Test Kit, POOL FILLED AUG 3, 2012, ORDER YOUR TF100 KIT FROM http://tftestkits.net
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...ie-t49936.html