Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My bromine stays above 10

1. Back To Top    #1

My bromine stays above 10

I have tested with the k2006 kit. We only use our hot tub about once a week. I have a floater that I keep on a level of 2. When I go to test to see if I need to shock it is always above 10. It rarely drops . Should I do a weekly shock even if the bromine test shows it is above 10?

My numbers are
    Ph 7.8
    TA 50
    Bromine 12
    18 x 40 inground pool, 27,000 gallons Built in 2012. Vinyl with a SWG. SwimClear cartridge filter by Hayward C3030, Aqua Rite SWG T-Cell 15. Hayward SP2610X15.

2. Back To Top    #2

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: My bromine stays above 10

You would only need to shock if the water wasn't staying clear. That can happen in bromine tubs and it is the use of chlorine itself that helps to clear the water. You may have your floater set too high. Either that or you have an ozonator and it's creating too much bromine from the bromide bank.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"