Shutting down waterfall pump during winter?

Pikerbu

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 11, 2012
Dallas, TX
Hello,

I have a jandy one speed speed pump that run the water fall features and a jandy variable speed pump that runs the filtration system. Currently, due to temperature in my area is lower than 32f. Both pumps have been running not stop (freeze protect). Just Want to get you guys thought on shutting down just the pump running the water feature to save on electricity. The plumbing line on the water feature pump seems to be separated from the main line. I don't want to totally close the pool since I have a spa which we use occasionally.

Any thought on shutting down (fully drain) just the water feature pump? Can that be programmed in the jandy rs4 controller?

Thanks

You might consider draining the pad equipment too so you don't need to run the circulation pump. If the weather is that cold, you probably don't need to run the pump at all anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.