Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool cleaner hose twisting

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool cleaner hose twisting

Hi everyone! I've been going great being a new pool owner following the TFP/BBB method. However, recently I have a new issue. Our pool came with a hayward pool cleaner (I think it is an older version of the navigator). The last week the hose keeps getting twisted so it will not work/move. Should the hose be able to rotate where it attaches to the cleaner? Thanks friends....happy new year!
    New pool owner 3/2013 14,000 gal pebble tec, 7 ft jacuzzi with spillover into pool.
    FNS +48 DE filter, raypak2100 heater, Pentair whisper flo 1.5, Hayward pool cleaner. TF 100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Pool cleaner hose twisting

I saw nobody has responded to your question and I don't have a definitive answer for you. This should give ya a bump and somebody should be along to help out.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Pool cleaner hose twisting

You should be able to spin where the hose connects to the cleaner. You will hear gears spinning inside as well.
    Jacob Zaluski, Owner
    True Blue Pools LLC. Lexington, KY
    Service Center for Hayward Pool Products

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it
    New pool owner 3/2013 14,000 gal pebble tec, 7 ft jacuzzi with spillover into pool.
    FNS +48 DE filter, raypak2100 heater, Pentair whisper flo 1.5, Hayward pool cleaner. TF 100 test kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

No problem! It won't spin freely cause it does have gears connected to it. If it doesn't spin at all may try taking it apart and make sure there is nothing wedged in it. I haven't taken one apart in a year or so buy I believe there are 3or 4 screws on bottom and it will come apart
    Jacob Zaluski, Owner
    True Blue Pools LLC. Lexington, KY
    Service Center for Hayward Pool Products