DE Filter return

Jlazo

Dec 27, 2013
Hello,

I seem to have a problem with my DE filter pump. Just recently after every start up, the return blows out a green substance which I think is algae from the pump. When the pump is clean it will blow out a white substance which I think is DE powder. This will happen for about a minute after every start up then it blow clear water out of the return. What could this be?

Welcome to TFP !!

Can you give us some more info about your filter. What brand, model #. If your sure it's DE you may have a torn grid. Do you think it could just be air bubbles ? Just throwing some things out there.
If you think it's algae, how does your water look ? Do you have any visible algae ?

If could add all your pool and equipment info to your sig, it will help us better help you.

Thanks!

Yes, I have a Hayward 3620 with a Pentair OptiFlo pump. I dont think its air bubbles. The green only happens when the pump turns on and it only last for a minute, then the water coming out of the return comes out clear. Do you think its an issue with the grid? Ive only started to have this problem recently. Im new to this pool stuff, so bare with me if I sound like I dont know what im talking about because more than likely I dont! Ive had to learn how to keep up with my pool on my own and youtube help a little. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.