Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy PDA

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy PDA

the backlight on our Jandy PDA lights up, but you cannot see the menu, it's there, cause if you turn it the right way you can just barely see it, and if u push the button, it is working, but you cannot see enough to use it. Sometimes we put the remote in a bag of rice like you do with a wet cell phone, and it comes back, but only for a short time, then back into the rice it goes. Can this be repaired, or do we need a new one? It's about 5 years old.
    25k gallon free form hydrazzo pool, Hayward ecopump VSP, cartridge, PS-8 automation, 40k/g Hayward turbocell SWG, 4 water features, polaris 280 cleaner - completed May 2013
    8 ft rnd hydrazzo spa, 2 spd Hayward superpump, cartridge, nature 2, ozonator, Pentair chlorine feeder

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Jandy PDA

You can get a new one for under $300.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you. Would you order from jandy or do you recommend another company. Thanks
    25k gallon free form hydrazzo pool, Hayward ecopump VSP, cartridge, PS-8 automation, 40k/g Hayward turbocell SWG, 4 water features, polaris 280 cleaner - completed May 2013
    8 ft rnd hydrazzo spa, 2 spd Hayward superpump, cartridge, nature 2, ozonator, Pentair chlorine feeder

4. Back To Top    #4

Did you try new batteries? I know it seems obvious but my display was acting weird last month. New batteries did the trick.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!