Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2013 Xmas rib roast

1. Back To Top    #1

2013 Xmas rib roast

Grass fed 7 bone on my http://www.komodokamado.com

seared at 500 for 10 minutes then about 3 hours at 250 to allow for a very uniform color/temp.

pulled at 115 with a 40 minute rest before carving.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    32000 gallon, inground, fiberglass, Aqua-Rite SWG, Pentair 420 sqft cartridge filter (Installed-ya baby), Hayward Super II pump 1.5 hp, 144k BTU heat pump, Dolphin Dx5 Plus, and a good test kit from Duraleigh!

2. Back To Top    #2

2013 Xmas rib roast

If there is any leftovers I'll pay for the shipping. Even it is just a bone with some scraps on it !! Lol.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: 2013 Xmas rib roast

Quote Originally Posted by pwrstrk
    If there is any leftovers I'll pay for the shipping. Even it is just a bone with some scraps on it !! Lol.

Looks like you did a truly fabulous job on that!! It is cooked to perfection if you ask me.

We did a "Bone in" this year, and it was most delicious. My part was anyway...I had to pull out, and cut off my hunk, then throw the rest back in for all the "well doners" around my place. Criminal...I know, but you gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Brushpup
    Quote Originally Posted by pwrstrk

Looks like you did a truly fabulous job on that!! It is cooked to perfection if you ask me.

We did a "Bone in" this year, and it was most delicious. My part was anyway...I had to pull out, and cut off my hunk, then throw the rest back in for all the "well doners" around my place. Criminal...I know, but you gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes.
    I have that issue too! It's hard trying to cook it to please everyone!

Mk1 - that looks absolutely delicious!!
    38'x24' freeform IG gunite, 26k gallons, 3.5' - 7'
    8t Moss rock waterfall with gunite slide
    SWCG, 2 x 2.7hp Hayward Tristar pumps, booster pump, 425 sqft cartridge, 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris Black Max 280, ProLogic PS8 & Aquapod

5. Back To Top    #5

That roast looks just the way I like it!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

6. Back To Top    #6

Nice roast

PG-500, WSM, 20K Gal gun pool w/ Aqua Pure 1400 SWG, flagstone coping, gray plaster, DE Filter, 400K BTU nat gas heater and Polaris 280 cleaner