Heat Pump Costs

If by geography you mean that the local air temperature and humidity affects COP, then I agree but it is COP and run time which determines the energy use. The cost of running the heat pump is also determined by the local electrical costs. But COP and energy costs are the only two things that should be affected by location.

rule of them here in Florida is $1.00 per hr. Our kWh cost is $0.15 per kWh so you can ratio it from there based on electrical costs. The number of hours is totally individual based on pool temp you want and local weather and whether you use a pool cover. I run mine 2-3 hrs per day to maintain 86ºF during the winter months for a 11000gal pool with a pool cover and the pool facing North (mostly shaded during the day in the winter

Thank you for your responses. What I have found do to everyone's help is a simple formula to determine my hourly cost to run my heat pump: (based purely on my unit)

Unit Amperage (50 Amps) x Unit Voltage (220 Volts) = Amps used then Divided by 1000 = KW
My Unit: 50 Amps x 220 Volts = 11,000 watts Divided by 1000 = 11KW
Then - Cost per KW hour (.09 cents) x KW used (11) x hours used (1) = 99 Cents per hour

I went a step further yesterday and after heating up my hot tub/spa I measured the Amps being used to maintain the temperature which dropped to 35 Amps, which now dropped my hourly price to 69.3 Cents per hour. The outside temperature was 75 degrees and I am sure when the outside temperature rises it will be cheaper to run hourly once the desired temperature is reached..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.