Pump plumbing challenge

Dec 24, 2013
My pump suction line is plumbed to a Jandy valve with only about an inch of expose pipe coming out of the valve into a coupling. The pump inlet is a fraction of an inch from the other side of the coupling. Once I cut it there is nothing to glue to. Any advice on how to plumb a new pump in?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 78
Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Wow! I don't see any wiggle room there at all. I think you are going to have to start from scratch and lose at least two of the valves on the suction side and the entire connection beween pump and filter.

From the pic, I can't tell how far back you will have to cut to restart your plumbing.....it looks like you may lose a thrid valve but I can only partially see it.

There are some ways to save those glued connections but, in your case, you have so many of them I think you will have to start over. Sorry.

Why are you replacing the pump? If the motor went bad, you could just replace that and save some work.

Jandy valves take a coupling on the outside. If you cut the pipe flush with the valve, you can use a coupling one size larger than the pipe and then use that size or a reducer bushing.

You can very easily chip the coupling off the school 80 nipple and replace the coupling.. You can also glue a 2.5 inch coupling with a bushing to reduce down to 2 inch onto the Jandy valve..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.