Replacing an actuator.

Flippy

Jan 8, 2011
Richmond, Texas
Howdy -

I need to replace one of my actuators that has failed. I replaced it when I originally moved in but ended up cracking the valve itself. Luckily the warranty company fixed my screw up. However the actuator failed again and needs to be replaced. I already ordered the actuator. So my question is how do I know it is tight enough so that I do not crack the valve again. There is a good possibility there was debris in the screw hole last time since it was missing when I took the old one off. Are there any tricks or tips you can give me? Thanks

You can gently wiggle the actuator once you have snugged it to see if there are any gaps between the actuator, and the valve body. You need not tighten more than snug on those. When you insert the screw(s) to tighten, first rotate CCW till you hear/feel a click to insure you are in the "thread groove" then snug them up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.