Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi from GA!

1. Back To Top    #1

Augusta, GA

Hi from GA!

Hello all,

I bought a home with a pool last year in Augusta, GA. I'm a first-time pool owner and barely survived my first summer being pool-stored. I am anxious to make a change for this coming summer and have been reading all the great articles on the Trouble Free Pool site.

After the holidays, I plan to invest in one of the recommended test kits so I can get going with BBB.

Thanks for all the great info provided here!

IG gunite pool / 30,000 gal / 20'x 40'/ built mid 70's
    1.0 HP Hayward Super pump / Polaris PB4-60 booster pump
    Pentair SD-80 sand filter
    Intermatic mechanical timer (PF12222TB)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Elverson Pa.

Re: Hi from GA!

Welcome to TFP !
    Congrats on wanting to take control of your pool. The test kit is a major step in that goal. It will give you very accurate test results.
    Spend sometime in pool school. The ABC's of pool water chemistry is a great place to start.
    Any questions just ask. Lots of great people here to help you out.
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

All I want for Santa is a Pool Test kit! LOL

You are on the right track for saving money and time! Once you find a local chlorine/bleach place (Walmart, pool store, Ace Hardware, etc.) you will be set!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Well Hey There Neighbor!! You've found the right place for answers.
    Do you have a *good* test kit yet? I've got the TF-100 (along with the nifty speed stirrer, sure makes it quick and easy to test). Have you read Pool School yet?
    Everyone here loves seeing pictures of each others pool and equipment too- I love seeing the older pools in particular <hint hint!>
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

5. Back To Top    #5

Augusta, GA

Another Augusta neibghor! Just a few more months till we are back at adding bleach every day!
    30'x52'' AGP 21,000 Gallons
    TWM 2.64 SF Sand Filter w/ Century 1.5 HP Pump
    BBB'er for life!
    TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome, Rod! Looks like our pools are siblings - almost same size '70s models, gunite, sand, 1HP pump, & Polaris cleaners.

With a good test kit (TF-100!!!) and your friends at TFP, you'll never get pool stored again.

36K gallon 42X22 gunite/plaster kidney-shaped IG;
    1 hp Hayward Super Pump (new in 2012);
    Hayward S244T sand filter w/ Zeosand (both new in 2009);
    175K BTU LAARS Lite2 LG natural gas heater; Polaris 380;
    TF-100 test kit.