MiniMax nt 400 heater temp control

Dec 22, 2013
My heater goes on and off due to Cell Temperature and not Water Temperature. For example, my spa is 88-degrees, I set the desired temp to 102-degrees. The heater comes on until the Cell Temp is 102, which takes only a few minutes, and then shuts off until the Cell Temp drops below 98-degrees. During this heat cycle the water temp may gain only one or two degrees. So it takes a long time to get the Water Temp up since the heater is working off Cell Temp. How do I get the unit to run off Water Temp and not Cell Temp? Where is the Cell Temp sensor located? I have an 18,000 gallon in-ground, salt water pool with a spa. The pool is controled by an Aqualogic controller and has a DE filter. The Kreepy Krawley seems to work ok and the unit shows "flow".

I have the same heater but it's all manually controlled. I had a similar problem. I'd set spa temp and it wouldn't heat well. Setting the heater using the pool thermostat worked for me, because the water flow is controlled by the valves, not the heater. All it really knows is that the outlet temperature is above or below the set point and it works perfectly that way. I think there might be a way to plumb the two separately, but mine wasn't plumbed that way. Hope this will help.

So the heater is controlled by your Aqualogic controller. If that is the case then the heater has a wire going from the controller into the heater. All you really have to do is push the "remote" button on the heater to take it out of being controlled bu the Aqualogic. The remote light on the heater should go out. Then you can manually control the on/off and the temps via the heaters front panel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.