Intex untra frame frozen...oops!

Dec 22, 2013
Yes, I'm a newbie,...and I screwed up I think. I have a 12'x24' untra frame intex. I bought one of those winterize kits and a 12' long pillow to use with the original cover . I'm in north Missouri btw. I thought I did it right,... I filled it halfway, mixed in the packets in the kit with the pump for a few hours,...put the pillow in , covered. Ist problem,...the cover that intex gives you is sooooo cheap. A little wind ripped gromets on one side,...ruined it. Intex doesn't even have replacements in stock. Now...uncovered,... I have about 1 foot of ice on top. What do I do now? I don't leave it do I ? I can't break it, it's pretty thick. I wondered about using the pool antifreeze before, mixing it with the pump...but some places said it's for the pump and lines ONLY. I was smart enough to take the pump assembly and hoses inside. Any ideas?....THANKS BTW

Leave it be. There's nothing you can do anyway.

My husband has concern over ours. This is his first pool. I told him it's fine. I don't mess with it until I'm ready to pull the cover off.

Don't worry about it. Here is my block of ice...er...pool.

2 days after I took this picture it hit -15f. No problems. The big hump in the middle is a plastic 55 gal drum from the hardware store. Cost me $10.00 12 years ago. Best cover float I have ever used.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.