Suntouch water sensor Not displaying Celsius correctly

Oct 17, 2009
WoyWoy Australia
Hi
SunTouch controller ;

I just put a new sensor for water , being in Australia I want it to display Celsius but as with the previous sensor from when that was new when I change it over it shows the pool temp as 255C when I set it to show Celsius , I can only adjust it down to 175C , I did cut the pool temp wire down to about 8ft would this change the resistance ? .

I don't have a multimeter about time I guess to get one .

Left as Fahrenheit the values show correctly .

I guess it more annoying than crippling .... but why would F temps show ok but not C temps .

Also the old sensor had split vertically down the bulb what would cause this ? . The Solar system had been out of use for 18mths because of the delay in getting a new roof .

Thanks
dave

Ok update i just went out to see something now when i put it into Celsius mode I get ERROR on both the solar and water sensors , I have to go right but to the start of the menus go to Advance the reset to Fahrenheit and the temps are normal again . grrrrrrr

So there is aproblem with the SunTouch ? ...... would reinstalling the firmware or an upgrade solve it ? . I dont like doing firmware unless its Really needed .

its always been like this from new and it worked fine in Fahrenheit mode from what I remember .

I get the new panels on tomorrow so by the end of the week I will know if the ST controller is a bit flaky .

Hi PC

Ok I will try the solar sensor , but today when I switch to Celsius it just gave me ERROR on water and Solar this means sensor are not connected and when I changed it back to F it still showed ERR . I had to back out of the menu and start again .
Fahrenheit works ok if I leave it alone .

I think it may be the motherboard .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.