Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Suntouch water sensor Not displaying Celsius correctly

1. Back To Top    #1

Suntouch water sensor Not displaying Celsius correctly

Hi
    SunTouch controller ;

I just put a new sensor for water , being in Australia I want it to display Celsius but as with the previous sensor from when that was new when I change it over it shows the pool temp as 255C when I set it to show Celsius , I can only adjust it down to 175C , I did cut the pool temp wire down to about 8ft would this change the resistance ? .

I don't have a multimeter about time I guess to get one .

Left as Fahrenheit the values show correctly .

I guess it more annoying than crippling .... but why would F temps show ok but not C temps .

Also the old sensor had split vertically down the bulb what would cause this ? . The Solar system had been out of use for 18mths because of the delay in getting a new roof .

Thanks
    dave

Ok update i just went out to see something now when i put it into Celsius mode I get ERROR on both the solar and water sensors , I have to go right but to the start of the menus go to Advance the reset to Fahrenheit and the temps are normal again . grrrrrrr
    7 meter by 2 Meter pebblecrete , VF intelliflo , Pentair ECO-CHLOR 25 , 5 helicol Sunx 40 solar panels & a Associated controls solar controller with an intellicom 3 to control the VF and relay to switch to valves .

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Suntouch water sensor Not displaying Celsius correctly

Sounds like a controller problem of some type, the sensor should read the same for either F or C (if it reads right or not is another issue)
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

So there is aproblem with the SunTouch ? ...... would reinstalling the firmware or an upgrade solve it ? . I dont like doing firmware unless its Really needed .

its always been like this from new and it worked fine in Fahrenheit mode from what I remember .

I get the new panels on tomorrow so by the end of the week I will know if the ST controller is a bit flaky .
    7 meter by 2 Meter pebblecrete , VF intelliflo , Pentair ECO-CHLOR 25 , 5 helicol Sunx 40 solar panels & a Associated controls solar controller with an intellicom 3 to control the VF and relay to switch to valves .

4. Back To Top    #4

Sounds like you are not the only one with this issue, see this I turned up with a quick google search, http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/po ... 15312.html , unfortunately there was no solution posted, but it does seem to be associated with switching from F to C.

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

You may just have another defective sensor. Try taking the good sensor and plug it in to the water slot on the board to see if it is a sensor problem, or a controller problem.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi PC

Ok I will try the solar sensor , but today when I switch to Celsius it just gave me ERROR on water and Solar this means sensor are not connected and when I changed it back to F it still showed ERR . I had to back out of the menu and start again .
    Fahrenheit works ok if I leave it alone .

I think it may be the motherboard .