Pool plaster / Finish question

Dec 19, 2013
We are building a pool with premier pools and spas and I cannot seem to find their Quartz vendor online. In the showroom studio they showed me Quartz finishes by Gemstones, which I can find easily online. However, I saw another pool being built on here by the same builder, different branch, wherein the user refers to a color choice named "Night Stars" which was not included in the in- store color pallet that I was given. As we are choosing a pool finish, I am non-stop looking at every picture I can find online. I pulled the online brochure for my builder and sure enough "Night Stars" along with other colors with a different name then the Gemstones brand and now I am scratching my head and wondering if there are two brands here and of course I want to check my sources that we put in an acceptable good product in our pool.

I wonder if Gemstones and this brochure are one in the same, however, the San Tropez Color looks different than the Quartz products offered through Gemstones' website. http://www.gemstonepools.com/palette_ge ... uartz.html

I thought maybe someone on here can help me out and point me in the right direction. I am asking the builder about this as well, but I think y'all are awesome and I wanted your thoughts (if any) as well. I am hopeful to find out that I am not getting some fake quartz that some kids down the road are blending in their garage. LOL!

Thank you for reviewing this post. Happy holidays everyone.

I had a similar problem with my PB and their selection of Wet Edge color choices. They have samples of quartz color Barbados and a couple of photos of pools they've built using that finish but the Wet Edge site doesn't list it. I'm with you though, it did make me wonder...

I am still scratching my head this evening. I hadn't heard back from the builder about the material / color choices.

I am sort of one of those obsessed types who wants to ensure they are getting the right thing. As I write this comment tonight I am worried that going with Gemstone Quartz may be a bad move. I was researching on the internet (my browser finally said to click back, you have reached the end of the internet) and I really just cannot find a lot of knowledge about Gemstone. I can find lots of data on other brands. Rethinking this contract that has a termination date of 12/24 for me the buyer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.