Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool plaster / Finish question

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool plaster / Finish question

We are building a pool with premier pools and spas and I cannot seem to find their Quartz vendor online. In the showroom studio they showed me Quartz finishes by Gemstones, which I can find easily online. However, I saw another pool being built on here by the same builder, different branch, wherein the user refers to a color choice named "Night Stars" which was not included in the in- store color pallet that I was given. As we are choosing a pool finish, I am non-stop looking at every picture I can find online. I pulled the online brochure for my builder and sure enough "Night Stars" along with other colors with a different name then the Gemstones brand and now I am scratching my head and wondering if there are two brands here and of course I want to check my sources that we put in an acceptable good product in our pool.

I wonder if Gemstones and this brochure are one in the same, however, the San Tropez Color looks different than the Quartz products offered through Gemstones' website. http://www.gemstonepools.com/palette_ge ... uartz.html

I thought maybe someone on here can help me out and point me in the right direction. I am asking the builder about this as well, but I think y'all are awesome and I wanted your thoughts (if any) as well. I am hopeful to find out that I am not getting some fake quartz that some kids down the road are blending in their garage. LOL!

Thank you for reviewing this post. Happy holidays everyone.
    Pearland, TX build ongoing. Freeform pool with Spa. Estimate finish 1st week March, 2014
    Dimensions 37 x 24 x 17 feet. Spa is 8ft round. Approx. 20,000 gallons.
    Variable speed Jandy pump, Jandy Cartridge filter. Aqua pure salt water system. Polaris 280 (black) 3 LED Lights: 2 pool, one Spa.
    Pebblesheen. Blue Granite. Travertine decking and coping.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool plaster / Finish question

My gut says it is just a difference in marketing and that it's just Gemstones.
    Pearland, TX build ongoing. Freeform pool with Spa. Estimate finish 1st week March, 2014
    Variable speed Jandy pump, Jandy Cartridge filter. Aqua pure salt water system. Polaris 280 (black) 3 LED Lights: 2 pool, one Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

I had a similar problem with my PB and their selection of Wet Edge color choices. They have samples of quartz color Barbados and a couple of photos of pools they've built using that finish but the Wet Edge site doesn't list it. I'm with you though, it did make me wonder...
    Finally Done! - 21x34 IG, SWCG, depth - 3.6 - 4.6 - 6.6, Pentair IntelliFlow 3050 vs+svrs, 60 sq ft Pentair DE Filter, 400k BTU Heater, Polaris 280 w/.75 hp booster pump, Pentair EasyTouch wireless, 38 sq ft raised spa, wet edge Barbados quartz finish - ODK w/36 in Napoleon grill

4. Back To Top    #4

I am still scratching my head this evening. I hadn't heard back from the builder about the material / color choices.

I am sort of one of those obsessed types who wants to ensure they are getting the right thing. As I write this comment tonight I am worried that going with Gemstone Quartz may be a bad move. I was researching on the internet (my browser finally said to click back, you have reached the end of the internet) and I really just cannot find a lot of knowledge about Gemstone. I can find lots of data on other brands. Rethinking this contract that has a termination date of 12/24 for me the buyer.

5. Back To Top    #5

So I found resolution to this problem. Turns out my builder does offer Pebbletec products. Upgraded to Pebblesheen today.