How much chlorine/

May 2, 2013
South Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a 16000 gal pool in Fla. During the summer I lose 1/2 a gallon of chlorine each day,,,,,the water temp is now 74 degrees. In a few weeks we are planning on being gone visiting for a week....I'm wondering how much chlorine I should dump in the pool before we leave to prevent any algae from appearing in the pool while we are gone. Also should I dig out those 3" Tabs that I don't use in the pool anymore and drop a couple of them in the floater

My CYA is about 35 the best I can measure it with the Taylor 2006 kit and I use the BBB method to take care of my pool. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.....thanks, John

I'd take that rascal to shock (SLAM) level per your CYA, drop those trichlor tabs in a floater and make sure it is being circulated on a timer if you have no one to stop by and dose it up for ya'.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.