Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Build in Cypress, TX

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Build in Cypress, TX

Pictures of progress are in the link:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/98595901@N ... 864595916/

Description of pool specs are in my signature.
    I was surprised they started the coping before electric, plumbing, and plaster... PB says it's fine
    Inground Free Form 20' X 40'; Intellachlor salt system; 8' Super Spa (raised 18"); 18" raised beam with water feature (2- 24" scuppers); 4' bench under scuppers; 7' x 14' tanning ledge with 6" water depth; 2- 3' benches with 18" water depth; Premier In-Floor Cleaning System; Fantastico Travertine coping, tiles, and stacked stone; Sundek decking with travertine inlays; Wet Edge Tahoe Coast ; Aqua Link Electronic Control; Jandy 2HP Stealth Pump for pool; 1.5 HP Jandy pump for water feature; Jandy Heater BTU 400K

PICTURES OF POOL BUILD: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98595901@N ... 864595916/

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Build in Cypress, TX

That looks like it is going to be really nice.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

3. Back To Top    #3

This looks really awesome. We just signed our contract with Premier Pools yesterday. I want to see MORE Especially that we are using the same contractor and are using Quartz.
    Pearland, TX build ongoing. Freeform pool with Spa. Estimate finish 1st week March, 2014
    Dimensions 37 x 24 x 17 feet. Spa is 8ft round. Approx. 20,000 gallons.
    Variable speed Jandy pump, Jandy Cartridge filter. Aqua pure salt water system. Polaris 280 (black) 3 LED Lights: 2 pool, one Spa.
    Pebblesheen. Blue Granite. Travertine decking and coping.

4. Back To Top    #4

I was just noticing that you have a different color pallet to choose from for Quartz finishes than we were given. Your pallet (from their online brochure) looks to be more fun vs the ones at gemstones.com that we were given. *looking into this* San Tropez looks more exciting than the more simpler grey we are choosing.
    Pearland, TX build ongoing. Freeform pool with Spa. Estimate finish 1st week March, 2014
    Variable speed Jandy pump, Jandy Cartridge filter. Aqua pure salt water system. Polaris 280 (black) 3 LED Lights: 2 pool, one Spa.

5. Back To Top    #5

Appleguy71--
    I Wonder why they showed you different quartz colors. I've been told the grays will make your water blue. I'm thinking the St. Tropez might make it greenish. Depends on what you're looking for. Do you have an estimated start date?
    Inground Free Form 20' X 40'; Intellachlor salt system; 8' Super Spa (raised 18"); 18" raised beam with water feature (2- 24" scuppers); 4' bench under scuppers; 7' x 14' tanning ledge with 6" water depth; 2- 3' benches with 18" water depth; Premier In-Floor Cleaning System; Fantastico Travertine coping, tiles, and stacked stone; Sundek decking with travertine inlays; Wet Edge Tahoe Coast ; Aqua Link Electronic Control; Jandy 2HP Stealth Pump for pool; 1.5 HP Jandy pump for water feature; Jandy Heater BTU 400K

6. Back To Top    #6

Yeah we are hoping for more of a "second wave" emerald coast Pensacola look if we can achieve it. I just started a new thread about our colors as I'm curious if there are two products or if it is just one. My gut says they are using the gemstone brand (what we were shown) but that for the purposes of sales, they jazzed up the colors names for their marketing. I can't wait to see how your pool turns out.

Our construction is slated to kick off around 1/20/14 provided our HOA has approved the design. I'm excited to see that other people feel confident in this builder as well as choosing a builder is a difficult task.

7. Back To Top    #7

By chance, had you had the opportunity to check out any pools with Quartz installed? Curious as to your thoughts upon seeing one or four in person. LOL.

Thanks for your time.... sorry if I am a pest. Full of questions as our contract can be revoked up until 12/24

8. Back To Top    #8

appleguy711--
    You're not being a pest. That's what this forum is for!

I have not seen any pools with the Quartz except in pictures... by the way, I was wrong about the plaster. We are getting the "Midnight" in the Sparkle series. It has a lifetime warranty. I must have gotten confused by the brochure vs. what they had in the store...

They are almost done with the travertine coping/tile/stacked stone. I LOVE it!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98595901@N04/