OK we are taking the leap...

TOG565

Oct 30, 2013
We have talked to numerous contractors and have decided to go it solo but, need some planning help. We will sub-out excavation and concrete work. I'm in the trades so I am gonna have bits and pieces done with plenty of help. We are looking at a mountain lake (pic provided) and need to keep it around 20x30 with a possible play pool bottom (still deciding but we figure we'd get more use out of it). Her words to me....I want this pool. Well I know when she says this pool and provides a pic it better be this pool with all the trimmings. Its the difference between a really GOOD payback :cheers: or a "ya honey that looks nice" :rant: kinda payoff. Can anyone recommend where to buy the kit from? We spoke w a friend and he said a lot of these are cheaper because the liners are recycled and the steel is foreign. Can anyone suggest a complete package to us for such a design (pump size, etc.) w/o a recycled liner and cheap steel. I can whip-up the craziest crown molding in a flash but, can find my Rear from a hole in the ground yet w this pool stuff. Thx!

Signed,
:whip:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 184
That's a really nice pool. Gorgeous actually.
You can google swimming pool kits and come up with several resources for them. Most kits are available now in either steel or polymer walls. I had great experiences with both royal swimming pools and with pool warehouse when I started looking for a supplier.

Depending on the pool wall manufacturer, the actual dimensions of the pool shapes are a bit different from one to the other, so don't be surprised when you find that out.

word of advice ... Just because a kit contains pump x or filter y does not necessarily mean the pump or filter of that size is best fit for the pool.
do your research on these and select the one that best fits your expectations.

If you want the same steps and ledges as in the pic, then that will have to be customized and a liner to fit them will be customized too. You are not going to find those in any kit.

good luck.

Thanks for the info bud! If she can't have those steps in thats cool. I'm looking at 28,000 for out the door install or 10,000 for a kit. She'll have to eat the steps cause I'm not eating $18,000....lol. How do I know if a company uses foreign steel or recycled liners? I'll go check both of those companies now.

I would suggest asking some local pool builders if they use steel walls or polymer walls, and why? Soil conditions vary from place to place and it is possible your local soil is more acidic than normal which may cause problems for steel walls.

Ike

p.s. don't be too afraid of wood walls, my pool has them and they are still sound after 33+ years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.