Unless I missed it, I haven't seen a thread devoted to what all of you do prior to heading out of town for an extended stay. Instead of 'winterization", call this a "vacationization" thread. Since we all live in different climates, I don't know if we'll get a definitive "here's what to do to your pool before you leave town" check list. I'm mostly looking for an exchange of ideas so that we can all come home from vacation to a pool that hasn't turned into a pond! That being said, when you're going to be gone for, say, a week...
1) do you leave your solar cover on?
2) do you run the pump 24/7 or have a timed interval?
3) do you top off with water? If so, how much?
4) what's your chlorine procedure? (bulk up with bleach, load the skimmer with pucks, cross your fingers and pray)
5) heater setting? (crank it down? shut it off? gripe about it after the utility bill comes?)
5) do you have a neighbor "pool sit" or leave it unattended
6) any other tips you can share from past experience (good or bad)
Thanks in advance. While you're replying, I'm off to pack my sandals and black socks!