New Pool Build - Trouble Struck! Please help 2.1.14

Dec 19, 2013
New Pool Build - Pearland Tx

I tried editing the subject... the new forum will not let me simply state "New Pool Build - Pearland, Texas" This thread is about our entire pool build. Apologies on the name of the topic.

****Edit - due to picture limitations here, for complete pool build photos, please visit my flickr page****

http://www.flickr.com/photos/115656854@N05/

The deal is inked!
Perimiter: 97 sf
Water area: 560 sf
Total deck: 300 sf
Profile: 3.5-5.5 ft
Dimensions 37 x 24 x17 ft
Aprox gallon: 20,000

2 Columns with raised walls
3 scuppers
2 Hp Booster pump
sunshelf with 2 bubblers
Travertine coping
6" ceramic tile waterline
12 inch raised spa. 8ft wide
Pebblesheen: Blue Granite

Variable speed Jandy pump
460 Jandy cartridge filter
Saltwater system
3 LED Lights -2pool 1 tub

**** Pictures of designs not used have been removed for an easier read / follow. See the thread herein below for the final design.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/115656854@N05/

Re: New Pool - Pearland, TX

Hello neighbor, Congrats! I will be following this build closely. Please let me know the good and bad. We are dealing with Scott @ Premier and are still interviewing PBs

Please let me know if I can stop by and take a peek once construction starts. :cyclopsani:

Scott is who just sold us our pool. I am pretty happy with him. We tweaked the design a little this morning as we signed.

rodog123 said:
Hello neighbor, Congrats! I will be following this build closely. Please let me know the good and bad. We are dealing with Scott @ Premier and are still interviewing PBs

Please let me know if I can stop by and take a peek once construction starts. :cyclopsani:

Scott is who just sold us our pool. I am pretty happy with him. We tweaked the design a little this morning as we signed.

rodog123 said:

Today we upgraded to Pebbletec and tweaked the design a bit further. Basically we made the pool longer. Thoughts? Sleeping on the tweaking. Something we are debating is whether or not to make the back wall just one consistent hight. Go to 12" or keep it 12" with an 18" spot. We would just evenly spread the three columns under that theory. Another thing we are considering is on the back wall whether or not to just make it have some sort of a consistent arch or flow from the furthers pillar to the left all the way to the hot tub.

I like the final design. It looks cleaner to me with a little less curve for the sake of curving. Each curve now seems to have a purpose without looking busy. I could have gone either way on the wall height. I think the way you have it will look really nice. I think the extra 3' in length from your original design will make it feel a lot bigger.

Good luck in the new year! Digging around that time of year brings back good memories for me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I agree. I think it looks nice and less like Australia (which is what I think ours looks like at times). Ha! With the winter we are having this may be the time to start a project and not be trying finish like we are. Good luck. It will look great!

Here are some photos of the more detailed sketch that went to HOA today. I had some questions as to what do you all think as far as depth goes? We are tall people.

Would appreciate comments on: Spa depth, and other orange question marked areas.

I also am posting our spec sheet that went to our HOA and my one question is with the Mx8 cleaner, if we decide to upgrade later and have no pump, can that be added later? Or is that a now type of something i need to upgrade and plumb for?
Thanks for the comments.

Excited for the HOA to approve us and move onto the next phase.

appleguy711 said:
Here are some photos of the more detailed sketch that went to HOA today. I had some questions as to what do you all think as far as depth goes? We are tall people.

Would appreciate comments on: Spa depth, and other orange question marked areas.

I also am posting our spec sheet that went to our HOA and my one question is with the Mx8 cleaner, if we decide to upgrade later and have no pump, can that be added later? Or is that a now type of something i need to upgrade and plumb for?
Thanks for the comments.

Excited for the HOA to approve us and move onto the next phase.

Hey! Great to see your design- it looks fabulous!! I wish I would have known about the size of the spillway. I would have made ours bigger, too. I also didn't know there was an option for spa depth, but ours seems fine. We aren't very tall. :) I think you will love the bench. I added the one under the scuppers after seeing the pool in "3-D".

We went back and forth between depths- will you use yours for water volleyball or anything? My kids voted for a "deep end" and I'm glad we did it - they have already been standing down there, planning their jumps and deep-water games.

You need to ask about the pump. Since we are doing the in-floor, I asked about having a cleaner line for a Polaris/robot cleaner and the construction manager said it is standard to already have a suction line for that. What is the upgrade from a Mx8 cleaner (sorry- I don't know what that is)?

:wave:

Re: New Pool - Pearland, TX updated 1.2.14 map posted/quest

Keep us posted.

What was the deciding factor on saltwater instead of chlorine?

What builder did you use?
Thanks!

ErikU19 said:
Keep us posted.

What was the deciding factor on saltwater instead of chlorine?

What builder did you use?
Thanks!

Erik: Thanks for the reply!

Two of our friends have saltwater pools. I notice my skin looks clearer after spending time in their pools and I don't have that chlorine smell on my skin. We are using premier pools.

We have HOA approval. #Digmypool

:) We picked out material this weekend as well.

The raised columns will use 4x12" silver travertine stone
The raised wall will use 2x4" silver travertine stone
The coping will be the Snow travertine.
The decking will be the silver travertine.
Waterline tile will be a grey 6" tile. We scrapped the glass tile.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.